In order to confirm college discrimination against Asian American students I would research online and I would interview several college students on this issue. Before visiting different colleges to conduct my interviews I would look up acceptance rate for Asian American students at different schools. For example, in 1990 13.2 percent of Asian Americans and 17.4 percent of whites were accepted into Harvard out of all its applicants. Such statistics would provide me with background information on each school I would visit. When visiting schools I would interview students of all ages, and of all countries and cultures to grasp their view of the issue. It would also be important for me to interview students who are interested in different careers and sports. I would even interview the staff, as their perspective on Asian American discrimination is also very important. To grasp even more perspectives, I would visit all types of colleges. For example, I would conduct my studies highly populated areas such as Boston, or in less populated areas, such as Boulder, CO. The students’ and staff’s unique experiences with this discrimination would certainly help me arrive at a valid conclusion. The variety of my study would, in addition, allow me to determine the factors that contribute to discrimination against Asian Americans; such as location, age, gender ect. A study as this is all it takes to understand if, why and how discrimination against Asian Americans is such an issue across the country today.
Great description of this theoretical study.
ReplyDelete